Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Uh oh!

Hello dear readers,
A fellow blogger recently got into "trouble" for using a photo on her blog that she found using a Google image search. She, like many people out there, assumed if she found it on Google and it didn't have a watermark or copyright on it that she was free to use it. She found out that that is not the case. She was sought after by the photo owner and was forced to pay for use of the photo on her blog. A blog much like mine where she posts about things that interest her and her day-to-day doings. A blog that makes her not one dime.
Because there are people "out there" whose personal and professional photos show up in search engines for all the world to see but who do not wish to have them shared on peoples blogs without fair and adequate compensation (which does NOT come cheaply) I have decided to do some editing on my blog to remove any photographs that I have not personally taken. It might take the "fun" out of a few posts, and a few post may have to be deleted altogether, but it beats being tracked down and forced to pay out hundreds of dollars that I don't have to the rightful owner of the photo.
So be warned my dear readers, either be the photographer of your blog photos or be prepared to pay for the use of other peoples work should they object. I for one would be thrilled that someone wanted to use one of my photos on their blog, but I'm really good at sharing. Momma taught me well :-D
That is all...
Have a lovely day!




Actual photo taken by your's truly. If someone "out there" wanted to use it on their blog, unaltered of course, I would be honored. Shocked, but honored!


No comments:

Post a Comment