Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 A year in review? I think NOT.




A lot of bloggers do one of those "Year In Review" posts at the end/beginning of a new year, not this blogger. For me, 2012 was a year to put in a box in the back of the closet and pretend it didn't happen. For me it was a year that took a routine Dr's appointment and turned it into dozens of Dr's appointments, too many blood tests to count, numerous ultrasounds and scans including one where I given a radioactive substance to ingest. Yes, I was radioactive! WTF?! All this and here we are a year later and all these doctors and technicians still have no idea what is growing in my spleen, how long it's been there and what they should do about it. All the while, I had no symptoms or negative side effects and still don't. The upside, there is nothing else going on inside me that I should be worried about and that makes me happy. I love happy.

And all this poking and prodding was woven in with my Hubby's job falling off the face of the planet just weeks after a the big bosses held a meeting at the plant and sent out a follow up memo where the company proclaimed to be doing well and not to believe the rumors of their imminent demise. I'm sure somewhere in Germany, where the parent company is located, there were at least a few pairs of pants on fire. I hate liars.

And despite all this craziness, our homeschooled daughter completed her Senior year of high school on a accelerated plan and graduated an entire semester early. See, some good stuff came out of 2012! As of February 4th, she'll be a college student. I love college.

2012 also gave my Hubby and I a few months to "test drive" retirement while he was on unemployment. This experiment led us to deduce that we both need to invest in some good hobbies between now and real retirement. I now understand how Bingo came into being. I love Bingo.

And with the test drive now behind us, Hubby has embarked on a new career with a good Christian company that seems to be solid, solvent and trustworthy. He's not currently seeing any pants on fire and that gives him some peace of mind. He loves peace of mind.

Well crud, I just did a year in review. Not a full year though so maybe we just won't count it, okay?! What's that??? My pants are on fire??? Uh oh, gotta go! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment